- Date: Friday December 12th, 2008.
- Time: 8am, to 8pm (your local timezone) every hour on the hour (or as close as possible)
- Name your post your name and where you are from. IE mine will be: Jerome, Rockyford Alberta Canada.
- Picture title: This will be the caption above each picture. Include in it the time, and the subject of the photo. (i.e. 8am, sunrise over a wheat field) or something along those lines. I think it would be best if we keep the caption above the photo it belongs to, that way the whole page will read the same.
- Timeline: This is one that I think there was some confusion on. Basically, the pictures should be taken at 1 hour intervals as close to the hour as possible. Uploading the pictures though can all be done at once when your schedule allows. Try to get your post up within a few days, but even if the procrastinators (myself at least) take up to a week, that's fine also. You do not have to take the picture, and then quickly upload it to the blog. That would be pretty demanding and frankly I think most of us wouldn't be able to do that. This will also allow you to take several photos for each hour marker, and choose the one you think is best.
- Photo Editing: here's where we might not all see the same. I personally think we should be able to edit the photos to our desired taste. This isn't a photo competition, rather an artistic rendering based on the artists eye. Sometimes an edited photo captures better what was felt at the time the photo was take than an un-edited photo does.
- Subject: this is yours to impress us with. Nothing in poor taste, but anything at all. Be it a picture of your mug of morning coffee, or a business meeting, or your desk, biking, painting, dancing, driving, curling (ha ha) or whatever. Your room, your dinner table, you favorite sofa. The key is to take a picture that is the best representation that you can express of what your world is like at that moment. What is important to you. I have house that I drive by everyday on the way to work (to early to meet the criteria and too dark also) and I stare at it. It looks so warm and cozy. It looks like a home. I think of the great place that I live in every morning because of that house. It reminds me I'm safe and free. To me, 6:30 in the morning would be best described by a photo of that house. Hopefully that conveys the goal we are shooting for. Having said all that; do whatever you want. That is the beauty of art, and hopefully I haven't limited it already with these simple objectives. This is yours for us to enjoy. Cheers.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
The Down Low
Hello Everyone. First of all, thanks so much for your willingness to get involved. I think that we are going to make something pretty cool here. Based on the feedback I've received, here is was I've come up with as an outline for the project. Please comment if you agree or disagree with the outline below, or if the date simply doesn't work for you. Many of you know that scheduling meetings is pretty complicated sometimes, as we've all got busy, busy schedules, but here's to hoping that it will work out for all.