Friday, December 12, 2008

No "12 Hours" for me today...

Today didn't quite go as planned... I was supposed to have the day off but ended up getting called in to work because of a sick co-worker. I'm Carrie... an aviation meteorologist in Anchorage, AK and I am brand new to the group and excited to be a part of the project. I'll do a 12 hour shoot ASAP! In the meantime, here are a few images that exemplify my day...

Klyuchevskoy volcano, on the Kamchatka Peninsula of Russia. Ash from Russian volcanoes enters Alaskan air space a handful of times each year and can be a significant impact to air traffic. This picture was taken on Dec 8th and sent to me by a Russian volcanologist.

Kluchevskoy volcano today... there was a bit of confusion as to whether or not the volcano erupted. The above image from a monitoring webcam just shows a large steam plume.


1 comment:

Jeffrey C. said...

Looking forward to your photos!